John Deere is a well-known brand for manufacturing highly-efficient models of lawn mowers. The equipment is used for mulching the yard and provides a better finish. But after some time, you need to replace the blades because it does not work the same as you expect.
Blunt blades require more hard work, and there is no need to waste your time. Compared to standard blades, mulching ones are available in a propelling design with an angle.
If you want to enhance your workflow, you need to invest in high-quality mulching blades. You need to consider the buying guide to know what you need in mulching blades. There is a list of the best mulching blades for John Deere that you can buy and install in your lawn mower. After going through the buying guide, you can easily decide on the right product.
Top Picks Best Mulching Blades for John Deere
1. Rotary 2-Pack John Deere Copperhead 42-inch Mulching Lawn Mower Blades
It is a pack of two 42-inch mulching blades, perfect for installing in this John Deere lawn mower model. It helps you beautify your garden by mulching the grass with an excellent finish.
The sharp blades will cut the grass in a single round. You can save a lot of time and effort if you use this product. Let us know more about this item by checking out its detailed features.
- It is easy to replace rotary lawnmower blades. With the help of the user manual, you can easily install a pair of blades on the deck.
- It fits perfectly with many mower models by John Deere.
- The best models in which these blades fit perfectly are AM137328, GY20850, AM141033, and GX22151 OEM.
- There is a pair of blades of 42-inch deck length in this package.
2. MaxPower 42-inch 561811XB Commercial John Deere Mower Mulching Set
It is another US-made commercial 42-inch mulching blade by MaxPower. It involves a pack of two blades which perfectly fits in many models of John Deere. This is a commercial mulching blade model, which provides a perfect cutting surface and enhanced mulching performance.
Its sharp cutting edges give a precision cut. You can expect uniform chopping distribution because of its unique centrifugal airlift design. Go through its detailed features.
- The package involves two commercial mulching blades of length of 42 inches.
- It can replace OEM #GX22151 model blades.
- The dimensions of one blade are 21-3/8 inches in length and 2-1/2 inches in width.
- There is a 7-point center hole.
- It is manufactured with all the OEM specifications you require in your lawn mower.
3. MaxPower 561812XB 3-Pack 48-inch 3-N-1 Commercial John Deere Mulching Blades
It is another pack of three mulching blades by MaxPower. The 561812XB model consists of 3 in 1 blade installed in commercial John Deere lawn mowers. The 48-inch blades cover a wide area to cut grass perfectly.
You can buy these commercial mulching blades that give your garden the perfect cutting surface. This product can enhance the mulching performance due to its centrifugal airlift design and sharp cutting teeth. Go through its unique features in detail.
- It involves a pack of three 3 in 1 commercial mulching blades that are perfect for installing in John Deere lawn mowers.
- The length of the blades is 48 inches which is enough to chop grass precisely.
- It can replace OEM GX21784, GY20852, and GX21786.
- The dimensions of the single blade are 17 inches in length and 2 3/4 inches in width.
- The center hole of these blades has a 7-point star.
- It is perfectly manufactured to satisfy all the OEM specifications.
4. Arnold 42-Inch 490-110-0140 Heavy-duty John Deere Mower Mulching Blades
If you are looking for durable and long-lasting mulching blades for your John Deere lawn mower, you must prefer this Arnold blade model. It is designed with high-quality material which can even work in the snow.
You can cut the grass precisely and make your garden beautiful. Nothing can beat Arnold’s mulching blades when it comes to durability, reliability, better finish, etc. With the help of the given instruction manual, you can install the blades easily. Let us discuss some of its unique features in detail.
- This Arnold blade model is highly compatible with various John Deere mowers, i.e., LA100, LA120, and LA110.
- The cutting width of the deck is 42 inches.
- These extreme or heavy-duty blades are made up of high-quality material.
- It can cover 60% of the cutting area and work more effectively than standard blades.
- In the package, you will get two blades with star-shaped 7-point center holes.
- It is durable as it can last in sandy conditions as well.
- You can expect better quality, performance, and safety.
5. MaxPower 561816B 3-Pack Black 54-inch John Deere Lawn Mower Mulching Blades
It is another perfect mulching blade model by MaxPower. The package involves three blades of deck cutting a width of 54 inches. It is compatible with many lawn mowers manufactured by John Deere.
It will fit perfectly in your equipment and give a fantastic finish to your garden. This product is worth investing in these US-based mulching blades. Go through its detailed features to decide whether you should buy it or not.
- The package consists of three blades with a deck cutting width of 54 inches.
- It is compatible with various John Deere lawn mowers.
- You can easily replace Windsor 50-4441 and John Deere M143520 models.
- The dimensions of the blade are 19 inches in length x 2 ¾ inches in width with a center hole diameter of 0.8000 inches.
- It meets all the OEM specifications.
Before you buy any product, consider the following factors:
You will get mulching blades in an unconventional design whenever you find mulching blades. Compared to standard blades, the length of the mulching blades will be different. It is better to use the mulching ones because they can cut the grass finely in a single session. There is no need to chop the yard grass repeatedly.
It is easy to collect the grass pieces and throw them out of the field. You should always check the blade length. Every model comes with a different length. It is a necessary factor to consider because the wrong length will not fit well in your John Deere lawn mower.
You should invest your money in high-quality blades made up of durable material. Better material quality is a must for better mower functionality. Even mowing rugged terrains, the blades can withstand the pressure and cut the grass neatly.
If you are looking for the best material, you should prefer carbon steel. You can rely on its durable construction, and you can also sharpen your blades when it starts getting blunt.
Your mower blades will become blunt with time, and you cannot chop the grass neatly. You need to replace your old blades with sharp ones. It is necessary to check the compatibility of mulching blades with your lawn mower.
If it is incompatible, it will not fit well in your mower model, so it will not function properly. Proper compatibility is a must for the better functioning of the machinery.
You should also consider the design of the blades because the working of the mower depends on it. The design of the blades should be highly satisfactory and compatible with your lawn mower. It should fit well with the machinery and work accordingly. The design should be durable and sharp. It is crucial to invest in mulching blades with better design.
Compared to conventional blades, the mulching ones are available in heavyweight. You should also check the weight of your lawn mower. You need to compare the weights and check whether they can handle the weight of the blades. The weights should be compatible with each other for better results. When you choose the right weight, the machinery will work well.
6. Size Set Option
Whenever you decide to buy mulching blades for your lawn mower, you need to check whether the size of the blades can be set as per your requirements. You will observe that the size of the blades is pretty different in every model. Therefore, it is recommended to check the compatible size set.
With time and excessive use of a lawn mower, the mulching blades may wear out, and it may not chop the grass as per your expectation. There is a need to replace the existing blades to get the precise cut. If you want to make your lawn beautiful, then it is time to buy new mulching blades. But before investing your money, make sure that you consider the buying guide to know what you have to check in the mulching blades.
You can prefer any product from the list that fits well in your John Deere lawn mower. It is not easy to invest money in such a product repeatedly. Therefore, you have to think before making any purchase. Get the high-quality mulching blades and install them in your lawn mower for chopping the grass in your garden beautifully.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Does Mulching Blades Do?
Compared to standard blades, the mulching ones lift the grass edges and cut them many times. After cutting into small pieces, it shreds into the deck. After that, all the small grass clippings are pushed down on the surface of your lawn to make it look like a uniform carpet with divided airflow.
2. What is the Best Time to Use Mulching Blades?
When you observe that the grass on your lawn has grown big, it makes your garden messy. You can mulch your yard by cutting the grass into fine pieces and collecting it from the surface. It will enhance the appearance of your garden and nourish the soil.
It is better to choose mulching blades for making your garden beautiful. But if there are weeds on your lawn, it is better to avoid mulching because it can spread badly. The best time to mulch your lawn grass is when it is big and wet because it is easy to collect the clippings.
3. How One Can Get Best Results by Using Mulching Blades?
If you want better results, make sure that you keep mowing your garden more times than usual. The grass should be tall so that the blades can easily pick their edges and cut them into small pieces.
You should prefer dry grass instead of wet because it can clump and block the blades while cutting continuously. It is necessary to choose the best time to cut the grass to make your garden look beautiful all the time. If you constantly put in the effort, you will get better results.
4. Why Should One Prefer Copperhead Mulching Blades?
Compared to other regular mulching blades, the copperhead ones are pretty sharper. They are also considered heavy-duty blades, perfect for cutting grass on rugged terrains. Even if the grass has too many roots or stumps, the blades will also function properly. You can mulch any field easily in less time.
5. How One Can Sharpen Existing Mulching Blades?
If your existing blades wear out, it is better to buy new ones. But if you cannot afford the new ones, you can sharpen them by yourself. The sharpening process is quite similar to the standard blades. With the help of a grinder, you can sharpen your mulching blades and make them function better.
6. Is It Necessary to Sharpen New Mulching Blades?
No, there is no need to sharpen new mulching blades. You can unpack the package and start using the blades by installing your mower. But if there is a paint coating on the edges of the blades, then it is a must to sharpen them before using them in your garden.
7. Is It Possible to Operate the Mulching Blades Without Any Kit?
The answer is yes. There is no need for a mulching kit while operating the blades. But if you want to get a better experience, it is recommended to have equipment.
8. Is It Possible to Install Mulching Blades on Any Lawn Mower?
Yes, it is easy to install mulching blades on any lawn mower. But it is essential to check its size so that it fits well. If the blades fit perfectly, only it can chop the grass gracefully.
If you’re interested in more reviews check out our post on the best oils for GDI engine.